Recovery Strategies Article Review Assignment
Write a 2-3 page article review in which you discuss the legal issues brought against an employer and how the organization managed to recover from the charges brought against it.
An organization’s public image is very important. The values and missions of the company serve as a statement to the public regarding how it seeks to operate. The company wants to avoid negative publicity about employment-related legal issues, like discrimination or harassment, because it can have a damaging effect on the organization’s reputation. When this occurs, HR practitioners and managers need to identify an effective recovery strategy as soon as possible. This is important, because the company needs to limit any negative exposure, but also to ensure that the organization is operating according to its values and missions.
Conduct research using the Capella University Library, a trusted Internet resource, or a business magazine or journal to find an article on the topic of a company experiencing legal issues related to workplace discrimination, unfair labor practices, or unethical behavior. This source should also describe the organization’s approach in managing and recovering from the charges brought against it.
Then, write a 2–3-page article review in which you discuss the following:
- Identify the legal issues and the charges brought against the company.
- Describe the organization’s approach to managing and recovering from the charges brought against it.
- Include your analysis of the organization’s approach to managing and recovering from the charges. Identify whether you would or would not have handled the recovery using the same strategy, and include a supporting rationale.
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word to complete the assessment.
- Length: A minimum of two pages, excluding title page and reference page (150–300 words per question).
- Braun, S., Wesche, J. S., Frey, D., Weisweiler, S., & Peus, C. (2012). Effectiveness of mission statements in organizations – A review. Journal of Management and Organization, 18(4), 430–444.
- Sims, G. A. (2014). The specter of academic employment: The diversity statement. Diverse Issues in Higher Education, 31(4), 30.