ENGL 1302 – FINAL EXAM OUTLINE ASSIGNMENT HELP
ENGL 1302 – FINAL EXAM OUTLINE/GUIDE (200 POINTS)
Based on the topic given, write an argumentative essay, according to the instructions below.
- Overall Format:Essay must be in MLA format, just like the previous three essays.
- Length:Minimum length of the essay is 2 pages (2 full pages and 5 lines on page 3) and maximum length of the essay is 3 pages (3 full pages and 5 lines on page 4). Works Cited page does not count as part of the length requirement.
- Sources:1 DCCCD database source required. Make sure you properly document source according to instructions given for first three essays. The one required source must be used in the BODY of the paper and you must QUOTE something from the source. [You can use more sources if you want.]
- Parts of the Essay:Title (should follow same guidelines as Essays 1&2), Introduction (1 para), Body (3 paras), Conclusion (1 para), Works Cited Page (should be in proper MLA format).
- Introduction (1 para, should be exactly 10 lines)
- Introduce the topic using any of the introduction techniques given in slide 10 in Unit-1.pptx file. You can use as many techniques as you want.
- Thesis: This will be the very last sentence of your introduction. It must state the topic, your position on the topic, and 2 reasons to support your position (you cannot have more than 2 reasons for this essay). Thesis should be written in same format as thesis for Essays 1&2.
- Body (only 3 paras—any length)
- Body para 1 – Explain first reason mentioned in thesis.
- Body para 2 – Explain second reason mentioned in thesis.
- Body para 3 – State and respond to one OR two counterarguments. Follow same wording/format for counterargument(s) as given for Essay 2 (see slides 4-9 in Unit-2-Part2.pptx file). This para should only contain counterargument(s) and nothing else.
- Additional info – For explaining your reasons, you are free to use as much personal experience as you want, examples, and your own explanation.
- You cannot use any of the same sources/articles you used for Essays 1-3.
- Conclusion (1 Para, should be exactly 10 lines)– You can either summarize the most important reason OR propose a solution for the issue OR do both (summarize and solution).
Topic – Are online classes a good option in college?