Consulting for the Caring Angel Hospital Assignment Help
Week 10 Assignment – Consulting for the Caring Angel Hospital
Imagine that you are a senior consultant at Practical Health Care Consulting. Your supervisor has instructed you to spend three months at the Caring Angel Hospital to help improve the quality of care, add value to the organization, improve employee morale, design an efficient organizational chart, create a strong team environment, and create the hospital’s competitive advantage. The hospital has traditionally made losses year after year. Furthermore, it is not performing well financially, and the banks are not willing to lend it large sums of money for more effective marketing.
As you settle into your observations, you notice that your patients are still hopping from one specialized hospital to another in search of various specialized treatments. You also notice that the seats are not comfortable in the waiting area, and the patients continuously show up for appointments on the wrong dates. The nurses and the employees are not smiling during patient conversations, and everyone looks for ways to blame others for failures in the patient treatment process. Everyone seems to work alone and hide what they do from their colleagues.
At the end of the 3-month period, you must provide a report with your recommended strategies designed to help Caring Angel Hospital achieve its goals.
Note: You may create or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 5–7 page paper in which you:
- Propose the major steps that Caring Angel Hospital could take to achieve each of the following goals:
- Improve the quality of care.
- Add value to the organization.
- Improve employee morale.
- Design an efficient organizational chart.
- Create a strong team environment.
- Create the hospital’s competitive edge.
- Recommend one approach that the hospital could use for acquiring a larger market share given the prevailing financial circumstances. Support your recommendation with specific examples.
- Propose at least two value-added services that Caring Angel Hospital could offer to strengthen its value proposition. Support your proposal with at least two examples of the advantages of these value-added services to the hospital.
- Use at least four quality sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Use the Strayer University Online Library to find four recent quality academic resources that are current (within the last five years) for this assignment.