Clinical Problem in A Nursing Specialty Essay Assignment Help
- Abstract: Summarize your paper in no more than 250 words. Use the following
sections: Background, Methods, Results, & Clinical Significance.
- Identify a clinical problem in your nursing specialty and provide a rationale for
the selection of this problem (include statistics on prevalence/incidence, relevance
for nursing, gap in the literature, etc.)
- Create a EBP research question that is clearly stated. The question should be
related to the problem identified in nursing, with terms clearly defined.
- Define the question using PICOT format:
1) P: Patient/Problem
2) I: Intervention
3) C: Comparison
4) O: Outcome
5) T: Timing
- Methods: PICOT Search: Provide the following information about the article selection:
- List at least 3 reputable databases that you used for your search.
- Include at least 5 search terms.
- Include at least 3 inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- List the number and type of articles selected from your search.
- Results: Summary of the search results: Select 10 to 15 articles with the strongest levels of
evidence from your search. Using the format below, include a table that summarizes
important details from the articles you have selected. Be specific about the level of evidence
associated with the design of each study. Reference your summary table in your paper and
provide a detailed comparison and contrast of the studies based on the summary information
you have collected.
Author (year) and country Purpose Study Design Level of Evidence Sampling strategy & sample characteristic Data collection method Treatment/ Intervention Major Findings & Implications for Nursing
- Discussion/Clinical Significance:
- Strengths and Limitations: What are the strengths and limitations of the articles
that you selected in regards to applying the information to clinical practice? For
example, include study limitations that might have led to different findings, as well as
gaps and controversies that exist.
- Implications for nursing practice: What are the implications of your findings for
clinical practice? Describe the impact of the findings in nursing and in your clinical
Can you apply the evidence in caring for your patients? If so, how? Use an EBP
framework to describe.
- Future directions: If you cannot apply the evidence in caring for your patients, what
future research is needed? Design a new study that could be used to provide
additional evidence to answer your question. Based on the information in the articles,
how would you evaluate a nursing intervention in clinical practice?
- References: Information must be cited properly and in APA format (e.g. font, spacing, and
APA format for paper, including in-text citations and reference list).
- Length and grammar. The paper should be between 10 and 15 pages, doubled-spaced (page
requirement excludes title page, abstract, references, tables, and figures). Make sure to proof
read and spell check your writing