Change Between the Revolution And The Civil War Assignment Help
Choose one of the five prompts below to write a minimum of a two-page essay. You must cite your sources using Chicago/Turabian style ( https://www.citationmachine.net/turabian ) and you will need to provide a bibliography or works cited page. Make sure you format your document with one-inch margins and use 12pt Times New Roman. This is often the default setting. It will go through a plagiarism checker.
(Need a clear strong thesis statement)
- How did the woman’s role in American society change between the Revolution and the Civil War? How did it stay the same? In your answer, consider a woman’s place in the public and private spheres.
- Historians have long debated whether the Civil War was an inevitable “impending crisis” or an avoidable conflict brought on by a “blundering generation” of leaders. Which assessment do you think is more accurate? Why?
- To what degree can the Civil War be considered a “second American Revolution”? Consider political, social, and economic conditions in your response.
- How did African-Americans’ role in the military change over the course of the Civil War in the North and South? What was the result of the enlistment of African-American soldiers in the North?
- W.E.B. Du Bois—a scholar, activist, and the founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People—referred to Reconstruction as a “splendid failure.” What do you think he meant? How did Reconstruction fail? What was, nevertheless, splendid about the effort?
Essay Rubric Criteria Ratings Pts Response to the Question
The essay question has been fully answered and all arguments are supported with evidence.
50 pts Intro and Thesis
The essay has a well-developed thesis statement that gives a roadmap to the essay and a complete intro to the essay.
25 pts Formatting and Resources
Paper is formatted following the instructions and all information has been properly cited and there is a work cited or bibliography page.
25 pts Total Points: 100